VMware Cloud Community
JoachimOtahal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot assign VMWare Essentials-PLUS License, tells me "vSphere FT" in use.

I am desperatly trying to activate VMWare Essentials plus, but when trying to asssign the key to those two ESXi 5.0.0 hosts I get:

License cannot be assigned, Features in use: vSphere FT

The other "VMWare vSphere Server" key just assigned fine.

That rises two questions:

How do I remove vSphete FT, even when turning off HA completely it still says "Feature in use".

I've been told by a VMWare representative that "Fault Tolerance" is included in Essentials Plus, but the reality seems to differ. So either I have a technical problem or we have been deceived.

Any information to clear up what is going on is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Check your network configuration on the host, especially the VMKernel ports and make sure you didn't accidentally activate the "Fault Tolerance logging" check box.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

VMware Fault Tolerance is part of vSphere Standard and not of Essentials Plus. Just look at the "pricing and packaging" pdf:

www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vsphere_pricing.pdf

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Check your network configuration on the host, especially the VMKernel ports and make sure you didn't accidentally activate the "Fault Tolerance logging" check box.

André

0 Kudos
JoachimOtahal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

• Thank you ! Now it works the way expected, including HA.
0 Kudos
JoachimOtahal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

While the information provided is correct it did not apply to the specific problem.

HA is in Essentials by using an extra VCenter vServer, but not FT.

http://store.vmware.com/store/vmwde/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.234153300

0 Kudos