VMware Cloud Community
westaar
Contributor
Contributor

All shared datastores failed

I have a 2-host cluster with HP StoreVirtual VSA running as the storage system.  I upgraded vSphere from 5.5 to 6.0.  After upgrading, I had been receiving some alarms such as "Insufficient resources to satisfy vSphere HA failover on cluster" and "Insufficient vSphere HA failover resources", I then proceeded to disable HA on the cluster.  Once doing this, I then receive an issue of "All shared datastores failed on the host x.x.x.x" on one of the hosts.

I believe the HA alarms are being generated because of some problem happening related to the datastores, but I have not been able to resolve this.  There does not seem to be any issues related to the shared datastores.  The 2 shared datastores are connected and appear to be fully functional.  I've created this discussion under HA & FT as I believe this be related.  If anyone would have any feedback to share on this, I will be appreciative of any assistance.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AmzSannegowda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi westaar,

Looks like there is problem with datastore .Looks like hosts not detecting it.

If possible try this:

• Disable HA on cluster.
  • Reboot both hosts.
  • ENABLE HA cluster again!!

Can you please tell me what is state of VMs you have added to these hosts , which are residing in these datastore you are using??

Thanks,

AS

0 Kudos
Culturefollower
Contributor
Contributor

I've a fresh vSphere 6.0 installation: I created a new cluster and deployed four host via autodeploy into it. Same error after formating the attached 4x500GB datastores. The host formating these datastores is the host with this error: All shared datastores failed on the host x.x.x.x

I removed the hosts complety and readded them (by rebooting, thanks to autodeploy) to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
PremierJrAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, I have a New Dell VRTX box with shared storage, the host that created this storage is throwing the error, where as the other host is not. The cluster and the hosts are brand new to the environment.

0 Kudos
bburrisMC
Contributor
Contributor

Have a VRTX as well doing the same.  All shared datastores failed on the host in cluster.  Did you get yours resolved?

0 Kudos
surakshith111
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue. I have 3 node cluster. I have disabled HA, rebooted the host, enabled HA but the warning still shows up. The warning does not come up while accessing the host directly. Has some one been able to fix this.

0 Kudos
Stanley_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just removed esxi host from vCenter and added it back and message dissappeared

Techcomputerguy
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing for me, we have 3 ESXi hosts running StoreVirtual VSA and just had 1 of the 3 hosts with all shared datastores have failed message.. removed from vSphere and re-added then the message went away..

Thanks

0 Kudos