VMware Cloud Community
muralilr
Contributor
Contributor

Advanced Settings for VMware HA Response time, Similar to failuredetectiontime?

Hi,

I was going through the VMware HA documentation related to response time to detect the host failure in VMware ESXi cluster. When  I read about the parameter "failuredetectiontime"  from the KB article https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1003165. I was curious about what will be the new parameter in vSphere 7.x versions?. But in recent documents I couldn't find any advanced settings in VMware HA to delay the response of VMware HA to not to restart the VMs on other host for some time. Could you please point me to any documents/KB/way to achieve functionality of delaying the HA action in particular cluster/VMs?

Basically I want to delay the action of HA for sometime so that I can do some job on remaining active VMs with the vCenter. Later once my job is finished, HA can start its operation and restart the VM of failed ESXi on the new ESXi. Here, I can compromise on VM availability for some time but not the actions which I wanted to do on other VMs from vCenter. Is there any way I can achieve this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.
Murali

0 Kudos
0 Replies