VMware Cloud Community
sravansunke
Contributor
Contributor

hi, issue with " invoke command into Linux virtual machine using powercli."

I want to invoke command into Linux virtual machine using powercli.

Is there any way to do this using powercli.????

I tried with "Invoke-Vmscript", but it's working for windows machine.

when i try for Linux machine it throws below error.

###################################################################################

PS C:\Users\310304780> Invoke-VMScript -VM "Test-bigip" -ScriptText "ls" -GuestUser root -GuestPassword default

Invoke-VMScript : 4/12/2018 3:30:45 PM    Invoke-VMScript        Failed to authenticate with the guest operating system using the supplied credentials.   

At line:1 char:1

+ Invoke-VMScript -VM "Test-bigip" -ScriptText "ls" -GuestUser root -Gu ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-VMScript], InvalidGuestLogin

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Client20_VmGuestServiceImpl_RunScriptInGuest_ViError,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.InvokeVmScript

PS C:\Users\310304780>

PS C:\Users\310304780> Invoke-VMScript -VM "Test-bigip" -ScriptText "ls" -GuestUser root -GuestPassword default -ScriptType bash

Invoke-VMScript : 4/12/2018 3:31:24 PM    Invoke-VMScript        Failed to authenticate with the guest operating system using the supplied credentials.   

At line:1 char:1

+ Invoke-VMScript -VM "Test-bigip" -ScriptText "ls" -GuestUser root -Gu ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-VMScript], InvalidGuestLogin

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Client20_VmGuestServiceImpl_RunScriptInGuest_ViError,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.InvokeVmScript

############################################################################################################################

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

From the looks of your connection command, this looks like it might be a BIG-IP virtual appliance. You might want to try a non-appliance VM to see if this is working, because some VAs will block this type of incoming connection.

0 Kudos