VMware Cloud Community
kometkamerat
Contributor
Contributor

cloning with customization gives invalid password

Hi!

I'm set to clone one template/virtual machine (Windows Server 2008 R2) to multiple clones. I've set up a customization specification to do the job. This customization includes logging in as administrator once to run the "run once" list.

But regardless og what I set as password, both on the template and in the customization I get "The user name or password is incorrect." when the installation/cloning process tries to log on. I've checked that the password in the customization and the password on the template is the same and correct (multiple times) and also tested the simplest of passwords to make shure there is no errors related to special characters or the like.

If I log on manually the password IS correct, it's just the autologon as administrator process that fails....

I'm getting a bit frustrated, as the rest of the process is now running smoothly.... (If i log on manually)

Anyone got a fix?

Sincerely

Ketil Klepsvik

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ravindra01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do have same problem, did you find any solution ??

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you're having this issue, your problem is either at the customization spec level (incorrect password or password corruption) or at the template level.

0 Kudos