VMware Cloud Community
Naresh06
Contributor
Contributor

Need help to vaildate the vSphere upgrade for the bulk of ESX host running 3.5 version using a script

Hi All,

Iam managing around 200+ ESX 3.5 version hosts. I am in phase of rolling out to vsphere 4.0 version.

I basically need a script which does the vsphere compatablity test over the existing ESX hardware and gives me a output whether the hardware is suitable candidate for upgrade or not.

I think it should judge the hardware BIOS version, HBA firmware version etc.. stuff.

Can some one assist me with a customized script which tests existing environment and give me a report.

Regards

Nareshkumar Baskaran

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Naresh06
Contributor
Contributor

Can some body help me out..

Thanks

0 Kudos
jamesbowling
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You would need to get a script that can generate a list of your hardware and then check it against the HCL.

If you found this at all helpful please award points by using the correct or helpful buttons! Thanks!

James B. | Blog: http://www.vSential.com | Twitter: @vSential --- If you found this helpful then please awards helpful or correct points accordingly. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Naresh06
Contributor
Contributor

So.. how i could generate the hardware infomation for a bulk of ESX 3.5 host? Is there any tool or can you give me a script ?

0 Kudos