VMware Cloud Community
ElVirtualJefe
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with IPAM Integration since Upgrade to vRA/vRO 8.6

Since I have upgraded from 8.5.0 to 8.6.0, I have been getting an issue that appears to be vRA/vRO trying to get my IPAM credential information from the Auth Locker (somewhere), and failing...  Here is the error I'm receiving:

IP ALLOCATE failed: Failed to obtain auth credentials from /core/auth/credentials/d53daa99-1d7f-4d0f-b3d5-8790096ecbce: {'content': b'ClientResponse has erroneous status code: 404 Not Found. WebClientServiceResponseException.ErrorDetails(timestamp=Tue Nov 16 20:09:41 GMT 2021, path=/session-service/api/sessions/exchange, type=org.springframework.web.server.ResponseStatusException, errorCode=0, messageKey=null, messageArguments=null, message=404 NOT_FOUND "Session token not found", causeMessage=null, status=404, error=Not Found, exception=null, additional={requestId=bf86c473-1})', 'status': 404, 'headers': {'Cache-Control': 'no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate', 'Content-Length': '450', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Expires': '0', 'Pragma': 'no-cache', 'Referrer-Policy': 'no-referrer', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=31536000 ; includeSubDomains', 'X-Content-Type-Options': 'nosniff', 'X-Frame-Options': 'SAMEORIGIN', 'X-Xss-Protection': '1 ; mode=block', 'Date': 'Tue, 16 Nov 2021 20:09:41 GMT', 'Connection': 'close'}}

I'm not really sure where the actual issue is, but if I delete the integration, and re-add it, the problem goes away for a few days, then comes right back.  Also, to note, I have a separate instance that was deployed as a fresh instance of 8.6.0, and it doesn't appear to be having this issue.

Data Collection seems to be working, for the moment, but it wasn't the other day...

Any help is certainly appreciated, in advance...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jedi_Samui
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I had this same problem with my ipam provider (in my case, phpipam). What I found was that my vRA UI session would be open and eventually outlive my ipam session token. This was because I never logged out of vRA and just kept the browser window open. To fix, I wound up logging out of vRA and logging back in. 

Sam Aaron | @jedisamui
VCP7-CMA, VCP-2X, VCIX-CMA, VVD-2017
k2exchange
Contributor
Contributor

Raised VMWare case with no success. found this solution and worked. no KB on this?

0 Kudos