VMware Cloud Community
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

How to get esx update version?

Hi,

It's easy to get the esx version & build number.

I am using esxupate query command in the service console to get the update version.

But is there any way to get the minor version number (eg Update1, Update2) except esxupate query service console command

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Using the VI Client you should be able to get the build number which will take you to the Update level - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

The command vmware -v will get you the build number which can be referened against the VMware Patch site.

You can also try esxupdate query | grep "Update " to find the Update number.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

Thanks.

Any one liner using Powercli?

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Note: This discussion was moved from the  VI: VMware ESX 3.5 community to the Automation Tools community, since the question went the PowerCLI route.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

Thanks for the link Troy.

I get it what I need through Powercli from the link.

0 Kudos