VMware Cloud Community
omern
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to execute commands inside a vm?

Hey,

I am trying hard to run commands inside a vm on vSphere (batch scripts) and cant find any good way to do so,

in ESX 3.5 "vmrun.exe" has done the job, but on vSphere for some reason it doesnt work.

I also tried to do it with PowerCLI but couldnt find any command useful for it.

Am I missing something?

Maybe my command syntax is wrong and someone can give me the right syntax?

Im sure that there is a way to do it and would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Omer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vmrun should work with vSphere, in fact, vSphere is the only version of ESX that vmrun (and the VIX API, upon which vmrun is built) officially supports. ESX 3.5 is only experimental supported.

Please make sure you have the latest version of VIX installed; you can find it at www.vmware.com/go/vix.

Once you have that installed, if you're still seeing an error, please post what that error is, and on what type of host you're running vmrun.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vmrun should work with vSphere, in fact, vSphere is the only version of ESX that vmrun (and the VIX API, upon which vmrun is built) officially supports. ESX 3.5 is only experimental supported.

Please make sure you have the latest version of VIX installed; you can find it at www.vmware.com/go/vix.

Once you have that installed, if you're still seeing an error, please post what that error is, and on what type of host you're running vmrun.

0 Kudos
omern
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot, It worked.

0 Kudos