VMware Cloud Community
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Host Profiles question

Hi,

My plan s to create the forst ESX host and configure the vswitches..etc and then create a Host profile of it.

My question, is when do I change the host name and IP on the ESX host I plan on applying the profile too?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You will need to do a very basic build on each of the other hosts, so that they can be added to the VC - you will not be able to use host profiles on the hosts until they are added to the VC - so these are manually specified at build time. the rest can come down from the template (You could .. if you really wanted to . . get additional storage ports and any other VMkernel ports to be assigned IP by DHCP)

One day I will virtualise myself . . .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
proden20
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You will be prompted for host-specific info when applying the host profile.

If you found this question to be correct or helpful, please remember to award points.

Dennis Procopio - VCP

bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You will need to do a very basic build on each of the other hosts, so that they can be added to the VC - you will not be able to use host profiles on the hosts until they are added to the VC - so these are manually specified at build time. the rest can come down from the template (You could .. if you really wanted to . . get additional storage ports and any other VMkernel ports to be assigned IP by DHCP)

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos