VMware Cloud Community
StSparky00
Contributor
Contributor

Auto deploy Tramp boot timed out

HI,

I am trying to setup auto boot in a lab, I have followed some guides on this but I'm gettng stuck on the PXE boot. I am using windows vCenter and windows DHCP. I have installed the solar winds TFTP server. The test server boots with the undionly.kpxe.vmw-hardwired file but then gets to tftp://<ip>/tramp file and gives me could not boot from file name tramp 0x4c126035 connection timed out. I have tried adding the sleep enty in the tramp file but have not had any further success.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StSparky00
Contributor
Contributor

Figured it out. Kinda stupid on my part actually. I am building this lab in VMware Fusion on my mac and I remembered building a lab on virtualbox for a SCCM deployment which also gave me PXE problems. Turned out to be the virtual machine's network would not work with PXE. This TFTP problem turns out to be a simular issue. My lab uses the "host only" network so my DHCP won't clash with the one at the office.

So what i did was add another network in fusion (Preferences --> Network) joined my lab vm's to it and all starting working. PEBKAC error...it happens Smiley Happy

0 Kudos