VMware Cloud Community
haozch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to troubleshooting vRNI, I can't see flow in the vRNI.

On this Wednesday, I deployed the vRNI 3.3 platform and proxy at customer site for assessment and configurated according to install guide.  so far “no data show” is still displayed after hitting on “analyze”. the information about host, virtual machine,vlan,etc. can be found in vRNI, I think it is because that traffic data can not be collected. so I double checked the 2055 and 443 ports, and confirmed that these ports are permitted by firewall. so what was happened? why the taffic data cannot be displayed in vRNI? Would you give any help for me.

I want to know how to troubleshooting the problem in ESXi host, proxy VM and platform VM, Can anybody share me document and experience. thanks very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trinhv
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can do a quick check on your Proxy VM and make sure it receives the flows from the Hosts.

To do so, you can run the command "sudo tcpdump -i eth0 port 2055".

If you can see flows incoming, we will need to troubleshoot further.

If not, it probably means there is a firewall rule between your proxy and hosts blocking the port 2055..

Please give provide us an access to your environment and I will have a look.

Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
trinhv
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can do a quick check on your Proxy VM and make sure it receives the flows from the Hosts.

To do so, you can run the command "sudo tcpdump -i eth0 port 2055".

If you can see flows incoming, we will need to troubleshoot further.

If not, it probably means there is a firewall rule between your proxy and hosts blocking the port 2055..

Please give provide us an access to your environment and I will have a look.

Kevin

0 Kudos
tspires
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm seeing the same behavior.

0 Kudos
haozch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have resolved the problem.

first,you check the traffic send out from the host on the host. vsish -e get /vmKmodules/ipfix/portsets/DvsPortset-0/stats.

then you need check if receive the traffic in the proxy VM.   sudo tcpdump -i ethic port 2055, if you can't  run this CMD,you need to modify support account password.

0 Kudos