rreynol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Storage - Overview blank, no results

We have been running a trial of:

2.0 Update 1

Version 2.0.5-2171746

and the Storage - Overview section of the default VMware vSphere dashboard is blank.  We have Hitachi storage.

What is required to populate this section of the dashboard?  The other Storage sections for SCSI Latency/Errors and SCSI Sense Codes are populated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rreynol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply but web browser caching is apparently not an issue. The Storage Overview section has always been blank, since the deployment and I just opened a fresh IE browser that I had never used to access log insight and alas the storage overview section is still blank. Also, vcops is not involved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Praveenmna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

PLease refer the below link for more details.

VMware KB: Dashboard page appears blank for some users after upgrading to vCenter Operations Manager...

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Praveen P Senior Support Engineer
0 Kudos
rreynol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply but web browser caching is apparently not an issue. The Storage Overview section has always been blank, since the deployment and I just opened a fresh IE browser that I had never used to access log insight and alas the storage overview section is still blank. Also, vcops is not involved.

0 Kudos
rreynol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After digging through the content pack to see what the Storage Overview does I realized that the reason for the blank screen is as simple as none of those queries fit our environment, thus we get no results. That is actually a good thing, in the case of the queries, since they display results when there are issues.

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am glad you were able to figure it out and the notes will be updated on those widgets to make it more clear so thanks for the feedback! If your question is answered can you mark it as answered?

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
rreynol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the followup. Post is now marked as answered.

-Robert

0 Kudos