VMware Cloud Community
DineshReddy1205
Contributor
Contributor

OVF Deployment

Hi Team ,

Need your help .During OVF deployment we have two option  - 1. URL or 2. Local File 

till now I used 2 option(local) only, for deploying the OVA/OVF .But now I am planning to deploy using URL .

How to deploy OVA using URL form internet (Basically for downloading the packages form VMware portal logging is required after logging only we can download the packages ,During OVF deployment IN URL option - How to give URL and credentials in the URL to download package .EX:- I want download log insight OVA file from the VMware portal )

I am not sure it is feasible or not 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Deploy onto which VMware product? And is this using OVFTOOL or not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DineshReddy1205
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

Without using OVF . I am planning to deploy vRealize Log insight on Vcenter .During OVA file deployment . We can see two option Local and URL .

I am planning to use URL option instead of local option .

As per the VMware doc .We can also give internet based URL for deploying the OVA .How can I provide internet based URL ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've reported your thread since you posted it into an entirely generic area, a moderator should now move it to the area for Log Insight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
virtume
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

DineshReddy1205
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I already go through the above document , on the document mentioned -

Type a URL to an OVF or OVA template located on the Internet. Supported URL sources are HTTP and HTTPS.

Example: vmware.com/VMTN/appliance.ovf.

Without logging to VMware portal we can't download VMware packages .How can I specify URL ,Username and Password to download Log Insight OVA file from the VMware Portal ?

0 Kudos