VMware Cloud Community
ChrisKuhns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have installed the VSAN Content Pack and I have yet to see a single update to the fields. Everything else is running fine, but the one content pack I have that requires no actual intervention isn't working and I am perplexed.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VSAN is one content pack that kinda worse reverse. It only shows data if there are problems in your environment. Check the notes on the dashboard widgets they should say when the widget displays data also try to run the queries for a longer time period to check if there is any data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VSAN is one content pack that kinda worse reverse. It only shows data if there are problems in your environment. Check the notes on the dashboard widgets they should say when the widget displays data also try to run the queries for a longer time period to check if there is any data.

0 Kudos
ChrisKuhns
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That is some oddball stuff right there. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

0 Kudos
InfiniVirt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Bumping to hopefully rekindle this discussion around the normality of having "No Results" displayed in the vRealize LogInsight VSAN content pack.

ChrisKuhns, by chance did you ever see VSAN metrics in vRealize Log Insight?

It has been a week and I have yet to see any indication the vRealize content pack is working.

0 Kudos
InfiniVirt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind. The data finally showed up!

As a new Log Insight user I'd also like to add the importance of applying the correct filters!

After switching from 'Last 5 minutes of data' the graphs began filling in (but not many luckily!) Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Smiley Happy  Ok glad to hear its working for now.

0 Kudos