VMware Cloud Community
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vrealize operations manager refresh data (autoswitch dashboards)

Hi,

I have setup vrealize operations manager on our teams large plasma to display information about our virtual machine and i have enabled the autoswitch and its jumping to each dashboard every 30 seconds as i configured it but it doesn't update the data from within the dashboard. Am i missing something here... how do i enable it so it updates the data in it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

When configuring the widgets did you enable refresh content and the refresh interval. In your case i would set it to 14 seconds to make sure it is refreshed at least once per cycle.

refresh.png

0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for the reply. I don't seem to find that menu. Can you please advise where it is? Thanks.

0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Also i should point out we are using the standard version of vRealize Ops

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

If you cant edit the dashboard/widgets then i am not sure if you can. I have never used standard edition so i dont know its limitations.

In my case i am running advanced edition and when i edit the widget in the dashboard i can select the refresh options

0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If that is true sxnxr thats terrible. You pay a premium price to use vrealise and the screen cant even refresh!! I might have to log a support case to VMware to confirm this is the case or not. Will reply back on here with findings.

0 Kudos
grhohertz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With Standard edition, you will not be able to edit dashboards.  However, looking at my environment, the out of the box vSphere dashboards do have widgets refreshing every 300 seconds on those that I checked.

0 Kudos