VMware Cloud Community
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcops enterprise 5.6 with View adapter

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering is there anyway to have vCOPS monitor multiple vcenter Connection servers?

As we have our environment setup, our original 2 View CS's are in a different vCenter than our 2 new CS's. when i run the view adapter setup, it seems whichever environment i choose, is what i get stats from.

So if i point it to the old environment i get the Total Connected Desktop stats from that environment (i can manually find the new servers since they are in the vcenter specified but their numbers arent adding to the total)

If i point the tool to the new Environment, i cant even manually point to the Old CS's if i do it this way.

Will linking vcenters help keep this up to date and pool all 4 connection server stats? I tried installing 2 view adapter instances and the portal just showed conflicting stats, as if they were overwriting each other.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smcallister
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Additional vCenter servers can be monitored by registering them in the admin UI.  You can do this by going to https://<UI VM>/admin, logging in with the admin credentials, and clicking "New Registration" under vCenter Server Registration on the Registration page.

As long as the View connection servers are members of the same View pod, then the vCenter Operations for View 1.0 adapter should collect usage stats from all View connection servers automatically.  Multiple pods will be supported in the 1.5 release, which is currently scheduled for the first part of April.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
smcallister
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Additional vCenter servers can be monitored by registering them in the admin UI.  You can do this by going to https://<UI VM>/admin, logging in with the admin credentials, and clicking "New Registration" under vCenter Server Registration on the Registration page.

As long as the View connection servers are members of the same View pod, then the vCenter Operations for View 1.0 adapter should collect usage stats from all View connection servers automatically.  Multiple pods will be supported in the 1.5 release, which is currently scheduled for the first part of April.

0 Kudos
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately for me, no the servers are in different PODs, so it looks like I'm waiting until 1.5!

0 Kudos
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yup, the new version allows you to install multiple broker agents. Only one adapter is required, however, you'll need to install a broker agent in each View pod.

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...