VMware Cloud Community
BraveSiThu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSOM standard Acceleration Kit and product features

Hi dears

I ordered vSOM standard Acceleration kit, it includes vsphere with operation management (6 CPUs), and 1 instance of vCenter server. But there's no vCenter Operation manager.

currently, I can work with the vSphere Standard features (HA, FT, Storage vMotion, etc).

Following is the significant features come along with vSOM: vSphere Monitoring, Capacity Optimization,Operations Visibility

But I don't know how to make them work. I think I need vCenter Operation Management Suite, Do I? If so, I think I need to buy that vCOPS?

If not, how shall I make them work (monitoring, optimization and visibility).

To repeat my questions,

Do I need to order vCOPS to make vSOM's (monitoring, capacity optimization, and visibility) work?

Can I work with (monitoring, optimization and visibility) without vCOPS and how?

many thanks in advance

Brave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

vCenter Operations is a part of vSOM so you should not need to buy that separately, but it is an additional installation that you need to do that need to be downloaded and configured.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

vCenter Operations is a part of vSOM so you should not need to buy that separately, but it is an additional installation that you need to do that need to be downloaded and configured.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
bayupw
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi

Do I need to order vCOPS to make vSOM's (monitoring, capacity optimization, and visibility) work?

vSOM comes with vCOps Suite Standard Edition: Compare Editions of vSphere with Operations Management

You will get vCOps Suite Standard features, for comparison on vCOps edition between Foundation, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise check this link: VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite Editions for Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure Mana...

Can I work with (monitoring, optimization and visibility) without vCOPS and how?

Yes, login to My VMware and select the VMware vSphere with Operations ManagementvSOM.png

Choose View Download Components, from there you should be able to download vCOps

vSOM2.png

Follow the Deployment Guide on vCOps Manager on how to deploy it - vCenter Operations Manager 5.8.1 vApp Deployment and Configuration Guide

VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 - Install and Configure - YouTube

Other vCOps Documentations are available on VMware vCenter Operations Manager Documentation

Bayu Wibowo | VCIX6-DCV/NV
Author of VMware NSX Cookbook http://bit.ly/NSXCookbook
https://github.com/bayupw/PowerNSX-Scripts
https://nz.linkedin.com/in/bayupw | twitter @bayupw