VMware Cloud Community
vmwarepanch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRops overused license

Hi

We have vRealize Operations Manager Version 7.0.0.11287812 with 200 VM license but also that license is overused for 240 VMs.

We are planning to upgrade it to version 8.1.  As we know we need to generate a new key in MyVmware portal and the change it in VRops.

- Is it possible to upgrade version 7.0 to 8.1 with already overused license, or we first need to delete overused VMs?

- Is it possible to enter new 8.1 key with overused license, or we first need to delete overused VMs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

- Is it possible to upgrade version 7.0 to 8.1 with already overused license, or we first need to delete overused VMs? Not an issue about upgrade even overused the license.

- Is it possible to enter new 8.1 key with overused license, or we first need to delete overused VMs? Yes. Possible Its not have any issue. but if you want to exclude vms manually in vROPs before enter new license you can do it. Refer KB for exclude the VMs manually in vRops.VMware Knowledge Base

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

- Is it possible to upgrade version 7.0 to 8.1 with already overused license, or we first need to delete overused VMs? Not an issue about upgrade even overused the license.

- Is it possible to enter new 8.1 key with overused license, or we first need to delete overused VMs? Yes. Possible Its not have any issue. but if you want to exclude vms manually in vROPs before enter new license you can do it. Refer KB for exclude the VMs manually in vRops.VMware Knowledge Base

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you know you don't have enough licenses, why not buy more?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos