VMware Cloud Community
ScottThomson
Contributor
Contributor

vRops Maintenance Mode Dashboard

Quick Q, not sure if this is possible.

We have a number of teams that use the vRops environment and can place any object, not only vcenter hosts, but any in and out of vRops Maintenance Mode.

This is getting difficult to monitor as some people sometimes don't take objects out of maintenance mode.  As you can appreciate this can be slightly difficult to track down.

What would be fantastic is to have a dashboard up on a tv somewhere that shows what objects are in vRops maintenance mode.

Anyone done this or tried to achieve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Campos69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If an object undergoes maintenance at fixed intervals, you can create a maintenance schedule and assign it to the object. For example, you can put an object into maintenance mode from midnight until 3 a.m. every Tuesday night. You can also manually put an object in maintenance mode, either indefinitely or for a specified period of time. These methods are not mutually exclusive. You can put an object in maintenance mode or take it out of maintenance mode, even if it has an assigned maintenance schedule.

MyPepsico

0 Kudos
ScottThomson
Contributor
Contributor

Let me clarify.

People are already doing this but are getting lazy and forgetting to take them out of maintenance mode.

I was looking for a method, so at a glance, I can see what is still in maintenance mode and maybe have a gentle word to my work mates.

0 Kudos
sennevanlaer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can create an "object list" widget and filter for both 'in maintenance' and 'in maintenance (manual) 'collection states'

sennevanlaer_0-1652704710456.png

mghal40
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sennevanlaer got it.

We're doing the same thing. I'd suggest selecting both In Maintenace and In Maintenace(Manual). Our control room has this Maintenance Mode widget in addition to two others that dispaly snapshot ages and alerts as their primary monitoring dashboard.

mtnbkr0918
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there a way to create an alert if the host has been in maintenance mode for more than x number of days?

0 Kudos