VMware Cloud Community
ChevUribe
Expert
Expert

vRealize inquiries

1. why is that when I try to hover my mouse above an object in vrops 6.4 health weather map, the object doesnt show some details and is unclickable?

2. Saw a KB article where objects are 1000 or above, a new dashboard with health widget should be created. checked vrops and is less than 800 objects.

then when I try to customize, the create/edit dashboard is grayed out unable to do the suggestion from VMware KB.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

The first thing i would suggest is to clear the cache of your browser or try a different one

0 Kudos
ChevUribe
Expert
Expert

@sxnxr:

Tried that method but still health weather map icons are unclickable.

pastedImage_0.png

I can click the hourly button but not the icons

Can the cause is that admin account is in local users group?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I created an account with administrator permission but still the icons are unclickable.

My setup is I have 2 vCenter server instances connected to my vrops. licenses of hosts in both vcenter servers are included in the vrops.

Which is better to use? vcenter servers users or local users?

Can I use the administrator@vsphere.local account which is common to the two vcenter servers?

0 Kudos
ChevUribe
Expert
Expert

up

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

i have 5k VMs and i am able to click the icons. I dont think it would be a permissions thing but maybe the way the widget is configured. I just use the ootb ones.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It sounds like a permissions issue, especially if you can't click and edit or clone that dashboard. You've added a second group for your admin account. The permissions on that group may then be different. Try with local admin and remove custom groups.

0 Kudos