VMware Cloud Community
INSPSC
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize 6 - Management for Storage Devices - cannot connect to vCenter

Hello

i installed vReaplize Operations Manager to test it. Install and first configuration worked find. I added my vCenter (5.1U3) to the VMware vSphere solution. No Problem here. Then i installed the Management Pack for Storage Devices, here i cannot add my vCenter. Error is "Unable to establish a valid Connection to the target system"

the collector.log Shows:

2015-01-15 15:38:39,776 ERROR [Task Processor worker thread 4] com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.datasource.VCDataSource.connect - SMS connection could not be initiated com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server: Request version 'urn:sms/4.0' and namespace 'urn:sms' are not supported Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAP11Fault.getProtocolException(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.StubHandler.readResponse(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(Unknown Source)         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy42.queryStorageManager(Unknown Source)         at com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.sms.SmsClient.<init>(SmsClient.java:38)         at com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.datasource.VCDataSource.init(VCDataSource.java:179)         at com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.datasource.VCDataSource.connect(VCDataSource.java:619)         at com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.datasource.VCDataSource.<init>(VCDataSource.java:161)         at com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.DataSourceManager.verifyCredential(DataSourceManager.java:241)         at com.integrien.adapter3.vsom.UniversalStorageAdapter3.onTest(UniversalStorageAdapter3.java:350)         at com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.test(AdapterBase.java:1093)         at com.integrien.alive.collector.Collector.testConnection(Collector.java:890)         at com.integrien.alive.collector.CollectorTaskHandler.handleTestConnection(CollectorTaskHandler.java:203)

Another Question is does the MPSD work with HP SN6000 San Switch? What are the Ports used by the MPSD 6?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've passed your question along to the vrops team, hopefully will get some more information.

0 Kudos
astanford16
Contributor
Contributor

Running into the exact same issue... would love any followup.

0 Kudos
npiron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the exact same problem... does anybody resolved it?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

any more specifics?
VC version?

0 Kudos
npiron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 5.5 for me with latest version of vRealize Operations Manager freshly installed...

0 Kudos
pault1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem. Working towards Hitachi Device Manager and Tuning Manager from vSphere 5.5 and vROps 6.0

T: @PaulPMeehan Web:www.paulpmeehan.com Linkedin: http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/paul-meehan/7/419/609/
0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

it seems there might be a problem with the current version of MPSD with *specific* versions of vCenter;

issue is under investigation internally.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The problem has been identified and fixed internally.

Fix should be available with updated version of the MPSD. I don't know when that will be available, but you can open SR with vmware on that issue

thanks

0 Kudos
WRCVR4
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update on when this patch will be made available ?

0 Kudos