VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vROps version compabitility

I'm running ESXi / vCenter 5.5.  Can I install the latest vROps version and will it be fully compatible?  Will the licensing on my existing 5.5 environment cover the latest vROps version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What ever licences you are using they will need to be upgraded in the vmware portal. eg the 5.8 vrops licences will not work with 6.x vrops and the 5.5 vcloud suit licence will not work with 6.x vrops

6.x vrops will run and fully supported with vsphere 5.5

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What ever licences you are using they will need to be upgraded in the vmware portal. eg the 5.8 vrops licences will not work with 6.x vrops and the 5.5 vcloud suit licence will not work with 6.x vrops

6.x vrops will run and fully supported with vsphere 5.5

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would say It depends on the environment you have. Some management packs don't support vSphere 5.5 and hence you would not be able to use some of the vROps features with vSphere 5.5 environment. It would be great if you can upgrade to at least vSphere 6.0 u2.

Hope this is helpful. Thank you.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

-Shivam