VMware Cloud Community
Nyphalin
Contributor
Contributor

[vROps] Creating a view to display multiple VMs?

Hey guys,

Is it possible to display multiple VM trend lines through a view widget? Whenever I am creating a trend view, say for CPU contention, then I multi select VMs from an object picker, there not multiple trend lines on the view, only one. Can you guys provide any insight or a tutorial on how to do so? I do not want to use the metric picker for this functionality. I'd ultimately just like to assign a metric to a trend view, then have multiple VM trend lines populate the view.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nyphalin,

In this case, it's better to use the widget Metric chart. you will be able to show multi trends of many VMs either in one chart or separetly.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Nyphalin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Souad,

We do not want to give users access to the metric picker widget, how is it possible to scope the metric chart down to display a metric, similar to views for example?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You don't have to use a metric picker.

If you are picking the VMs from an object list, then you should put all the metrics you want in an XML file and add it to the chart. If you are not using an object list, then simply select all VMs associated with the metrics in the metric chart configuration:

exampl.png

0 Kudos
Nyphalin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

I have the XML written to grab the metrics. However, when I select multiple objects from my Object List, only the first selected shows up in my metric chart. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Then in this case, you must select objects + metrics in the metric chart configuration. You will have a static widget.

0 Kudos