VMware Cloud Community
StevePB
Contributor
Contributor

vROps 8.3 compatibility with ESXi6.0

We currently run vROps 8.1 and want to upgrade to 8.3 to support the new skyline mp. I see on the compatibilty matrix that ESXi 6.0 support is now dropped in 8.3. We still have a number of 6.0 ESXi servers that we'd like to keep reporting into vROps.

Have any of you tried this configuration? Does ESXI 6.0 still work in the real world with vROps 8.3, just no longer officially supported?

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @StevePB ,

Support for version 6.0 is dropped on newer versions as it is end of life.

Additionally, if you have vRops currently deployed on a 6.0 host, you must upgrade the host or migrate the vRops node to 6.5 U1 or later version before upgrading vRops to 8.3. Please refer 'product support notices and 'system requirements' in release notes -->

vRops 8.3 release notes 

0 Kudos
StevePB
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. We have vROps deployed on 6.7. The question is, will we still be able to pull metrics from our 6.0 hosts if we upgrade to vROps 8.3? I understand it's no longer supported, I was just looking for advice on whether it does actually still work or if it's completely blocked.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@StevePB ,

As 8.3 was released a few days ago, product team would not have tested it with version 6.0. It would be a scenario to test and even if it captures the metrics, will they be accurate.

I would suggest to stick with interoperability matrix.

0 Kudos