VMware Cloud Community
JudgementDay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vROPs Upgrade - License Query

Hi Community,

If I have a VSOM Enterprise Plus 6.5 license for vROPs. vROps version is currently at version 6.6.1.

I would like to upgrade to v8.0.1.

Is this possible without purchasing a new vROps license?

Thanks...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

vROps version 6.6.1 to vROps version 8.0.1 is supported for upgrade. However, your concern about vRops license, If you have valid contract with VMware you can upgrade the license on VMware Portal, Post upgrade and you can apply the new license to vROps. More about license part VMware license team can give more Info..

pastedImage_0.png

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to vRealize Operations Manager

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

vROps version 6.6.1 to vROps version 8.0.1 is supported for upgrade. However, your concern about vRops license, If you have valid contract with VMware you can upgrade the license on VMware Portal, Post upgrade and you can apply the new license to vROps. More about license part VMware license team can give more Info..

pastedImage_0.png

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.