VMware Cloud Community
Bgark_99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vROPS 8.2.0 - Windows Drive Letter Not Showing When Creating A View

I am trying to create a trend View in vROPS 8.2.0 for a Windows VM to show Guest File System: Partition Capacity (GB) and Guest File System: Partion Capacity (GB) for the drive letters C:, 😧 and I: for an application owner who requires daily reports. After selecting the VM and then creating the view I was able to create a view for the C and D drive as they were listed in the metrics to select however the I drive is not listed. In the Guest File system metrics list in the Data option in the create View screen there are a handful of linux filesystems and a handful of Windows drive letters that finish at H. See attached screen shot.  Is there a way I can make the create view/data screen display all the window drives on that server. I have confirmed that the I drive metric is available in vROPS and I can manually check capacity on it via vROPS. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jimmy_Phillips
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can show all the drives by using " / " instead of the actual drive letters. It will show every drives for both Linux and Windows.

When you create a New View with the list of Virtual Machine:

1. Under Data, use the icon 'Select Object" of a Linux System that have a drive /:

2. The data will change under Metrics\Guest File System\

3. Click on / to open and then double click Partition Utilization (%) or Partition Capacity (GB).

4. Click on "Breakdown by" tab and check the box that begins with Add instance.

5. Use whatever VM as "Select preview source" and you should see all the drives.

Jimmy_Phillips_0-1618606285810.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Moderator note: Moved from VMware vSphere discussions to vRealize Operations Manager discussions

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Jimmy_Phillips
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can show all the drives by using " / " instead of the actual drive letters. It will show every drives for both Linux and Windows.

When you create a New View with the list of Virtual Machine:

1. Under Data, use the icon 'Select Object" of a Linux System that have a drive /:

2. The data will change under Metrics\Guest File System\

3. Click on / to open and then double click Partition Utilization (%) or Partition Capacity (GB).

4. Click on "Breakdown by" tab and check the box that begins with Add instance.

5. Use whatever VM as "Select preview source" and you should see all the drives.

Jimmy_Phillips_0-1618606285810.png

Bgark_99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Jimmy. That gave me the result I was looking for.  Thanks for your quick response and assistance.

0 Kudos