VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

vCOps and application response time

How can I best view application response time in vCOps - so that I see from the application's perspective what the response time is as close to the user would meaure it as possible?  For example, install an in-guest agent, bring the data into vCOps with an adapter, create a dashboard and view the metrics?

Note - I don't want to just view memory, cpu disk and network utilization statistics from the vantage point of outside of the VM - but look at what the application is actually experiencing from a vantage point of inside the VM such as an in-guest agent would provide.

The goal is to standardize as much as possible so that I don't have 50 products out there - 1 for every application.

Any recommendations, experiences appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TammieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If the data is stored in a SQL database, you can use the adapter to pull it in to vCOps.

We're not collecting true end user experience, but we would like to.  The closest we have is a tool which collects simulated login times for an application in a SQL Server database.  We pull that in to vCOps with a SQL adapter instance; the metrics can then be used on a dashboard (i.e. metric graph widget).

TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

If none of the vCloud management suite products can integrate with vCOps to accomplish this, there has to be some third party agents with a vCOps adapter that can accomplish this I would imagine?

Does anyone have any input or experiences in making this work?

0 Kudos