VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

how can add hp physical server to vrealize operation managment

Dear all

Hi

i have 3-4 physical server now i want to know can i add physical servers to vrealize operation managment or just can add vms to vrealize operation managment?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
16 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Install the endpoint operations agent on the physical servers.

Make sure you have licences for them.

To answer you next question it all depends on your licence model you purchased

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

1 - if install epops will that monitor comlete my os ????

2 - i use enterprise license for vrealize operation.

do i have to just install agent on physical server and it will be automatically add to vrealize operation?

BR

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

The EPO agent does not care if it is physical or virtual as it is an operating system installed agent. It will monitor and give you the same functionality if it is physical or virtual.

There is no difference in the install of the agent between VM or physical. Again it is an OS installed agent.

Just having enterprise licences does say if you are licenced or not as there are several licence models. vSOM, Vrops per CPU, vCloud Suite, per osi licences to name a couple. It all depends if your licence model allows for and you have enough free to install on physical servers.

As an example vSOM cones with ESXi licences and as such you would not be allowed to install onto physical servers same for for vCould suite. vrops per OSI licences would as long as you have not used them all for the virtual environment

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

so thanks

now i have set enterprise license vrops and install agent on windows server 2008 physical server but in vrops can not see my physical server

why

BR

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Where exactly in vrops are you looking for it?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

in operation system world

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

If it is not in there it has not collected yet or the agent configured correctly

0 Kudos
grvmtech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Blue Medora's vRealize Operations (vROps) Managment Pack for HP Servers provides hardware monitoring for HP Servers.

The MP for HP Servers is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps) that monitors HP servers remotely. The Management Pack retrieves data regarding HP server resources by connecting to the each server's iLO interface.

Metric, Alerts, and Relationships are collected for the following:

• Chassis
  • Enclosure
  • Blade
  • Port (Optional)
  • Rack
  • Network Adapter
  • Power Supply
  • Fans
  • Containers/Tags
    • VMware VMs on HP Servers*
    • VMware Hosts on HP Servers*
    • HP Servers
    • HP Tag
0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

is your means that can not monitor physical server just with install epop agnet on physical servers??

BR

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

They are two separate things.

The eops agent will monitor all thing OS related. Services, Page file usage etc

The Management pack from Blue Medora will monitor all things Hardware related. Fan speed, Power utilisation, Firmware levels etc.

There may be some overlap like cpu utilisation

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

but i have installed end point agent on hp physical server but vrops can not detect it in operation system

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

If you installed the eops agent on a server and you cant see it in vrops under operating systems then the eops agent is not configured correctly to talk back to vrops

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Can epops monitor my physical hardware such as disk faild or raid controler???

BR

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

No it wont EOPS will monitor the OS and some generic hardware eg network and disk space etc.

It will not monitor specific vendors hardware as then VMware would need to write the code for every vendor out there which is impossible. That is why there are different management packs out there. Even the 3rd party MP's dont use the EOPS agent. HP used ILO, Dell uses iDRAC etc

If you want hardware specific monitoring you will need to use the Management Packs. If the Management pack you are looking at does not have the metric you are looking for then you cant monitor that.

I have worked with Blue Medora quite a bit and if there is a metric not being collected and is one that most users would benefit from they will added it to the next release

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

I could not find any metric for disk status and raid controler health status with hpe server for vrops

i want to know could anyone monitored physical hardware status such as raid controler and disk status on vrops??

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Then the management pack does not monitor it. Unless there is another management pack for HP servers that monitors what you are looking for then no there is not

0 Kudos