VMware Cloud Community
Achristian7
Contributor
Contributor

Vrops 8.6 Ping Group Name

So let me try and get this as clear as possible. I am working on vrops 8.6 and I have just put in the Ping adapter and I am using the default Ping Dashboard. In this dashboard, they have Ping Targets. In this pane, you have group name/name/peak latency/peak packet loss. What I want to know is how do I get a set of IPs to be in a specific group name for this pan to show it? 

The reason I ask this question is cause I want to separate my groups by VLAN identifiers. Since this is how we do our business. I have created a custom group and set that name to my VLAN id along with categorizing the IPs to be the correct view. The custom group is set up right and I see the right IPs but this does not change this group name. I have even set up a second adapter just as an example to see if it just needed two different adapters with different names to identify it. 

My first adapter is set up using the config file, so if there is a way I can identify it in the config file that would be amazing. I have even gone into the dashboard and went through the edit features, and went into the output data to see if I can change that group name to custom groups. Unless I missed something I was not able to. 

Can someone please help me out, I think I am just missing something dumb. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sennevanlaer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

the widget you refer to is a view 'Availability | List of ping targets' which has grouping by 'FQDN' property of the IP object.

I would recommend  cloning the dashboard  and changing the view for a custom view or object list widget. That would allow you to group as desired.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos