VMware Cloud Community
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VOA Reports 6.7 - Not very good. Any way to get the pre 6.7 VOA reports back?

The recent 6.7 VOA's I've deployed have just not been up to scratch with the reports - lots more paragraphs explaining things, much less useful data for our customers. It's really annoying that they've changed them so much (Why? Smiley Sad).

The VOA reports in 6.6 and below were absolutely top notch, to the extent that I've regularly deployed them on full blown vRealize systems... especially the Capacity report. I've imported the old style reports, lifted from a 6.6 deployment, into the latest version of vRealize, but 90% of the fields now go un-populated. I'm assuming this is down to various views missing. Before I try and export views from a 6.6 box, has anyone else already attempted this and been successful.

I'll be gutted if I can't get these reports back, as they were by far the most useful tool for those customers who wanted quick info with minimal hassle.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Actually, 6.6 VOA reports cannot work with 6.7 due metric reduction - Capacity engine was redesigned in 6.7, and corresponding  metrics used in 6.6 are unavailable now. That's why completely new VOA was introduced, with updated metrics.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Actually, 6.6 VOA reports cannot work with 6.7 due metric reduction - Capacity engine was redesigned in 6.7, and corresponding  metrics used in 6.6 are unavailable now. That's why completely new VOA was introduced, with updated metrics.
0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I noticed that yesterday digging into the reports. I've started recreating them on 6.7 using the equivalent, or there about, metrics.

Unnecessary royal pain in the backside though. Thanks for the confirmation.

0 Kudos