VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCOPS + Re-installation vCenter

Hi all,

I have a "little" question... I would like to move my vCenter from physical to virtual, but I don't want reinstall vCOPS, Infr. Navigator and Chargeback.

The new vCenter will have the same settings of the old vCenter (certificates, IP, ecc.) and will link to the same DB.

It's possible to migrate in these conditions without problems?

Thanks to all!

Matrix

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you execute migration steps, you'll utilize the same DB and SSL keys, so it wouldn't matter to the other VMW components. You'll bring up the new vCenter and your organizational structure will also be preserved. Fortunately, you can test this over and over again with a safe fail-back.. e.x. the old server.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you execute migration steps, you'll utilize the same DB and SSL keys, so it wouldn't matter to the other VMW components. You'll bring up the new vCenter and your organizational structure will also be preserved. Fortunately, you can test this over and over again with a safe fail-back.. e.x. the old server.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you very much Mark.J

Matrix

0 Kudos