VMware Cloud Community
JPA_CDE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade vRealize Operations Manager appliance, from 6.0.1 to 6.2.

Hi guys.

Three weeks ago, i upgrade my vmware platform from 5.5 to 6.0, and i installed a fresh copy of vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.1 Virtual Appliance.

Descarga_vRops.jpg

So, i read that existe a 6.2 version (yeah, very late guys, i know), and i wan't apply upgrade from my current 6.0.1 version to last 6.2 version.

VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.2 Release Notes

So, there a "suggested patches/upgrades" option in any place, like Update Manager or something like that?

How can i download the correct upgrade pak? Some of these?

vRops_pak.jpg

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you are using vAPP .

vRealize Operations Manager - Virtual Appliance Operating System upgrade - vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-OS-6.2.0.3542056.pak

vRealize Operations Manager - Virtual Appliance upgrade (without Windows based RC) - vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-6.2.0.3528954.pak

Take a snapshot before start your upgrade.

Apply first the vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-OS-6.2.0.3542056.pak
then, apply vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-6.2.0.3528954.pak

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you are using vAPP .

vRealize Operations Manager - Virtual Appliance Operating System upgrade - vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-OS-6.2.0.3542056.pak

vRealize Operations Manager - Virtual Appliance upgrade (without Windows based RC) - vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-6.2.0.3528954.pak

Take a snapshot before start your upgrade.

Apply first the vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-OS-6.2.0.3542056.pak
then, apply vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-6.2.0.3528954.pak

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi - There are couple of things you want to consider before you go for an upgrade vs. reinstalling on a new environment.

1. How large is your environment? If it is not too large and you don't really care about historical data as much, I would suggest going for the upgrade. Because if you have a large environment with several data nodes and millions of metrics (I have heard that the upgrade can take a couple of days to complete (possibly week or two)

2. If you install a fresh copy, it is relatively like any other new build, and you're back in the game.

As far as what option you need to select for an upgrade, it should be the Virtual Appliance Upgrade (without windows based RC), depending on what kind of remote collector you installed on your current environment (if it is the Linux based then this is the option you will select).

Let me know if this helps.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes MauroBonder‌ is right, for the upgrade, you would need the System Upgrade first. I missed that piece.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
JPA_CDE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mauro, Ooajala, thank guys. I will try.

Greetings.

JPA_CDE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PAK's applied. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

very nice, check if the collector is working well.

Go to inventory explorer and check collection state > all must be how collecting

0 Kudos