VMware Cloud Community
mimo974
Contributor
Contributor

Update vRealize Operations Manager Administration

Hello everyone,

Actually, my vRealize Operations Manager Administration have this version : 1.0.3057863 when im on section update software but on system statement the version is : 6.2.0.3528905

Do you think i can update this version to a 8.0 vRealize Operations Manager VA or i need to make 6.7 first and after 8.0 ?

And i need to turn off the status before upgrade right ?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vRealize Operations Manager

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RickVerstegen
Expert
Expert

From version 6.2 or 6.2.1 without EPOPs installed, or any of versions 6.3, 6.3.1, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, or 6.6.1,  directly upgrade to version 6.7.

From version 6.2 or 6.2.1 with EPOPs installed on the source version, upgrade to version 6.3.1, and then upgrade to version 6.7.

Without EPOPS, I suggest to upgrade to 6.7 first. From 6.7 you can upgrade to 8.0.

Before upgrading I recommend to read the release notes and run the Upgrade Assessment Tool of the target version

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Blog: https://rickverstegen84.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/verstegenrick
0 Kudos
mimo974
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer but how i can know if i have or not EPOPs (where i can find it ?) ?

0 Kudos
mtrunk
Contributor
Contributor

You can see if you have Epops from:

Environment > Operating Systems > then you can drill down and expand each category for each OS (Win and Linux) and see if you have them.

In relation to the upgrade i would recommend you to go to :

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

so you will get all the updated info related to the upgrade path.

One more recommendation i would give you is to check KB 53545 VMware Knowledge Base when going to 6.7 and above as the backend has had lots of drastical changes recently, so your custom content might be affected too.

last but not the least : take snapshot before upgrading !

MT

0 Kudos
RickVerstegen
Expert
Expert

I am not familiar with version 6.2, but i guess you can find in somewhere in the vRealize Operations Manager user interface inventory which called something like EP Ops Agent or Endpoint Operations.

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Blog: https://rickverstegen84.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/verstegenrick
0 Kudos
mimo974
Contributor
Contributor

I find this so its mean i have EPOPS.

0 Kudos
mtrunk
Contributor
Contributor

That is specifically related to the EPOPS instance created when installing an epops agent and pointing it to vROps.

if you go to the environment menu as i explained above you can see exactly where and how many are installed, so that you can work on those.

Also just in case you are still interested in upgrading epops some KB to do that :
VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
mimo974
Contributor
Contributor

Where i can find informations about EPOP ?

Because i need choose between :

End Point Operations Linux Agent - No JRE (gz file)

End Point Operations Linux Agent - No JRE (rpm file)

End Point Operations Linux Agent -32 bits (gz file)

End Point Operations Linux Agent -32 bits (rpm file)

End Point Operations Linux Agent -64 bits (gz file)

End Point Operations Linux Agent -64 bits (rpm file)

0 Kudos
mtrunk
Contributor
Contributor

Are you talking about brand new installation or still the upgrade ?

For the upgrade you have a "bundle" file which you should be using I don't know if you looked at the KB i shared with you.

If then you are also interested in installing new epops, preferred way is to use the zip/tar file, extract and configure it manually. you have more control over it. Or else you can easily install it as service using rpm.

0 Kudos
mimo974
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i stil talk about upgrade. Because i still dont know if i have EPOPs or not ?

If im going on Environment > Operating Systems >  i just have "Operating Systems World" nothing much. You can see with the attachment.

Moreover, on vmware website dont have 6.3 version so i need to install 6.4

Sorry, its my first time to make it its for that i want have all informations and be sure what i will do.

0 Kudos
mtrunk
Contributor
Contributor

from the attachment no epops are discovered/collecting data.
you could also check from Inventory and see there if any epops agent appears there.

Since you are using an unsupported version there will be no way to get the legacy build publicly. On top of it from 6.2 to 8.0.1 (latest version) there are few jumps needed (not always guaranteed you will get through all of them no issues) and also backend, dashboard and few components have totally changed.

Do you have much data that you care of ? If not i would say go straight for latest version where you can find telegraf agent for application monitoring and you can avail of much more features.

0 Kudos