VMware Cloud Community
hareshn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Top 1O VM CPU / Memory / Disk Utilization report from VCOPS

Hello,

Can some one guide me how to generate TOP 10 VM Utilization report from vcops

Please note i am using Standard version of vcops.

Thanks in advance

Haresh n

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Standard doesn't allow the Custom UI, so dashboards are out. You'd need to think about writing a custom report, which is considered "experimental". However, I'm not so sure we'd have the ability to generate a Top-N report using the custom reporting constraints. The best you could probably do is give a list of all VMs sorted by utilization

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Standard doesn't allow the Custom UI, so dashboards are out. You'd need to think about writing a custom report, which is considered "experimental". However, I'm not so sure we'd have the ability to generate a Top-N report using the custom reporting constraints. The best you could probably do is give a list of all VMs sorted by utilization

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
hareshn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

First of all Thanks for answering.

Thats true custom UI required advance or enterprise licencing, which we do not have. you mention that VM utilization report can be pulled using custom report option.

I tried to find out that option but failed to locate, can you please guide me how to create custom report ?

Haresh n

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It's not the type of thing I can just explain on a whim - it's involved with caveats like you wouldn't believe. Not sure if the docs on it are distributed publically given the experimental status of the capability. Typically you'd engage PSO for this.

0 Kudos
hareshn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Understood

Thanks for help

0 Kudos