VMware Cloud Community
rkilimci
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Super Metric Creation Problem

Hello everybody,

I created a dynamic group and attached super metric package to it. You can find the formula and screenshots below. After attaching nothing happened for a long time. Normally I expect it to be appeared in 10 min max. Luckily I managed to get one sample value and then nothing again. I think that the formula is right. SumN is being used to sum all VM's disk data and 2 is enough to get all VMs. Anyway I used 4 to be sure. Can you please look at these super metric and share your ideas?

sumN(Virtual Machine: Disk Space|Provisioned Space (GB),4)

vCOps1.pngvCOps2.png

Regards,

Ramazan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Diskspace metrics update every 1 hour. If SM use them, they also will create data points every 1 hr. You said you waited 10min, so I recommend that you wait longer.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Diskspace metrics update every 1 hour. If SM use them, they also will create data points every 1 hr. You said you waited 10min, so I recommend that you wait longer.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
rkilimci
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your answer. I have another question. If a VM has RDM disks, Provisioned Space doesn't calculate them. It only shows the total value of VMDK disks. Is that a normal behaviour? As I know, vCOps is getting metric data from vCenter. So I expect to see same value inside vCOps. How could that be possible?

Regards,

Ramazan

0 Kudos