VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Reboot vROps from GUI

Is it possible to reboot vROps through the GUI without using the command line and if so where is the option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There is no way that i know of to power of the VMs from either the UI or the admin GUI. The only thing you can do is take the cluster offline (vrops application) in the admin GUI. If you need to power off the VMs you need to use the web client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Not sure this is what you are after but when i reboot the cluster i take it off line from the admin ui then shut the nodes down leaving the master to the last and then the master is shut down all using the vsphere web client. I then power the master on and wait untill it is fully online and then start the rest of the cluster. again all with the web client. No command line used

TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply - to clarify the question - if I log in to vROps GUI itself (not the vROPs command line, not the vSphere Web Client, but actually log into vROps GUI), in the same place where I do things like set up vROps, connect to vCenter, install management packs, and do other administrative tasks, is there a way from there to shut down vROps?  Or do I have to use the vSphere Web Client or the command line to shut it off?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There is no way that i know of to power of the VMs from either the UI or the admin GUI. The only thing you can do is take the cluster offline (vrops application) in the admin GUI. If you need to power off the VMs you need to use the web client.

0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ok thanks again

0 Kudos