VMware Cloud Community
Sumit_Tyagi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not able to start the vCenter Operation Manager for vROps 6.0

Hi,

I have install the vROps 6.0 and just created the Master Node. Now I login to the admin portal https://<ip of master node>/admin/index.action with admin credential.

On the Home page, there is one button "Start vCenter Operation Manager". When I am trying to start this service, wait for 30 mins for the process and then it is giving error message"initial installation failed".

Can you please suggest is about this issue?

Best Regards,

Sumit Tyagi

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Something went wrong on the initialization of the Analytics cluster. I'd go through all your pre-reqs to ensure you've got them nailed down, specifically fwd+rev DNS records. You can also check the log files to see what went wrong. Open a ticket with GSS to dig deeper.

Or simply redeploy, which is pretty quick once you've corrected the missing pre-reqs.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Sumit_Tyagi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the collector.log from the Admin UI of the vROps 6.0, found below error as :

2015-01-13 12:40:35,539 ERROR [Heartbeat] com.vmware.vcops.collector.gemfire.GemfireCommunicator.connect - Failed to connect to gemfire servers. The reason is com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.NoSubscriptionServersAvailableException: Primary discovery failed.

I have re-deploy the vROps 6.0. There is no issue in installation of the vROps 6.0.

Here I want to raise one point that I am trying to open the console for the installed vApp but not able to do so.

Best Regards,

Sumit Tyagi

0 Kudos
rkilimci
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Please take a look at these How to enable SSH on vROps?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Your last message looks like vR Ops is now installed. I did some looking in to your issue and it's related to gemfire components, but it's not common by any means nor a known issue. I'd expect a redeploy to address it, as perhaps something/somewhere went wrong in the install or the boot up.

On the console access, like all of our appliances Alt+F1 will get you to the console login.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Sumit_Tyagi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks mark.

I have re-deploy the vROps 6.0 and it get install perfectly.

But Here I am getting some more issue  as below :

1. I am not able to login with User - root (I do not know the credential of User root).

2. I have to enable the ssh service to login with putty, so not able to start the "service sshd restart".

One of my colleague is doing installation a separate copy of the vROps 6.0. and when he is trying to add NTP server details during the installation process., he is getting the error "The connection to the NTP server can not be established".

But he is able to login to vCenter server for which he has provided IP address.Also we are able to ping the IP from our local machine.

Please find the attached screen shot for the error message.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you tried something else as a NTP source - like a network switch or domain controller?

vCenter doesn't run NTP server, by default at least, so I'm curious if you're assuming it is running there by default or you've explicitly set it up and have verified it working already on the vCenter server.

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark,

I am doing 3 type of installation for vROps 6.0

a) vApp

b) linux

c) windows

For first two types of installation is getting successful. When I am trying to configure the respective installation by using the admin portal, I reached to the page on which it asks to enter the details of

"Network Time Protocol servers".

So here I have two doubt.

1. What will be value here?

2. Can both installation type may contain same value?

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You would list your NTP servers. These can be NTP appliances, network devices, AD Domain controllers, etc. It doesn't matter what installation type you're using, as you're going to be following your organizational hierarchy of NTP sources.

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply :

Now I am working with the Windows based installation ( I am working with Windows 2008 R2).

I have followed all step mentioned in the guide -

http://pubs.vmware.com/vrealizeoperationsmanager-6/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vrealize-operations-m...

In the guide there is section  :

Create a Node by Running the vRealize Operations Manager Windows

Installer

I have followed all the step mentioned in the above section. At the end of the installation, it is giving the SUCCESS message and prompt to open the web UI for further configuration.

When I open the web config as https://localhost/admin

It is giving me the error on screen with text : "The node is not in a state suitable configuration".

When I checked the log file c:/data/vcops/log/postBoot.log, it is showing me below error message :

Value: "[Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:/data/db/vcops/vpostgres/data/postgresql.conf'"

Can you please suggest what is wrong with the installation?

Regards,
Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos