VMware Cloud Community
joespirit
Contributor
Contributor

Multi tenant access shows underlying vcenter stats

We are trying out vRealize on our public cloud offering and are looking to use it as a way to help our clients get the most out of the service.

I have followed some of the guides out there on setting it up  as multi tenanted including the youtube video titled 'How to create a multi-tenant structure in vRealize Operations Manager'

It looks great except for the fact the customers are able to see capacity for the VM's we have assigned to them but also the total capacity for the whole vCenter server through the environment view!

I'm sure I must have an additional permission somewhere  but still fairly new to vRealize if anyone else has come across this before and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Leverage the access control's object access controls to limit tenant permissions at the object level IN ADDITION to dashboard/content level.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
joespirit
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response

I have limited it to just their objects  which works fine except for the following tabs

Enviroment > Vsphere hosts and clusters > vcenter > Analysis > Workload > Workload breakdown and time remaining for example

here it shows all of the hosts and their capacity and hasn't just been locked down to the specific pools

0 Kudos
joespirit
Contributor
Contributor

After playing around with permissions I found I could still give client access to their VM monitoring just using the vcloud director plugin which doesn't have a view of the underlying hosts but can show the stats that are retrieved from the hosts by the vcenter plugin

0 Kudos