VMware Cloud Community
jomccon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LDAP Import in vApp Custom-UI

We are having major issues get ldap with ssl to work with the 5.7 vApp.  It appears we're importing the root CA successfully, but we're still getting handshake error when we try to import users with the SSL box checked.  We have another instance of VCOPS 5.0.3 and it works fine.

I'm curious if anyone has seen if the ldap communication used to import users is encrypted.  I need to know if when I put the username/password in to pull users in a security and I do not check the SSL box, if it is sending the password unencrypted. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hovhannes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is a KB regarding this issue. Please have a look, it might be useful.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1023269&sl... 0 990678195

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

anything useful in the logfiles?

0 Kudos
jomccon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare engineers are looking through the logs.  And unluckily the link from Hovhannes is for VCOPS Standalone, which is installed on a Windows machine.  Much more difficult to do AD authentication on a Linux based vApp.

0 Kudos
eocallaghan7319
Contributor
Contributor

Did you make any progress on this issue? I'm curious as to the root cause as I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
jomccon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No luck so far.  I haven't had much time to work on it, so it is just sitting unused right now. I'll reply back to the thread if w get it working.

0 Kudos