VMware Cloud Community
win2k3
Contributor
Contributor

Installed vCops 5 on standalone windows server, how do i connect it to vCenter??

Hi all,

This may seem like a trivial question but i have just installed vCops enterprise 5 on a physical windows server, and im trying to where/how to connect it to vCenter so i can get the stats from there.

i skimmed through the documenation but i couldnt find a clear "how to" to link a standalone vCops install on a physical windows server to vCenter? there is plenty on the vCops vAPP which is straight forward ( i had the previous vCops vApp installed and it was so easy).

The steps to do this would be appreciated.

Regards

W.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I assume you have installed the vCenter adapter?  Configuration of the adapter (including connecting to vCenter) can be found in the tech notes included with the adapter.

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to go with standalone?  You will be giving up the capacity reporting and analysis by going with the standalone install.  Also, it's a lot easier to get working with your vCenter as registration is handled via the Admin UI and includes answering a few simple questions.

Unless you have a particular reason to go with standalone, I'd recommend you just download and deploy the vApp.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos