VMware Cloud Community
ASavener2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to create view or report for VM configuration changes? - Already have an alert

I'm trying to create a report that will show all virtual machine hardware configuration changes (disk, vCPU, memory).

I've created alerts for these events, but I'd like to be able to either create a report that shows these alerts, or (better) report the events themselves.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vRops does have metrics on number of alerts. So I guess having a policy with only the alert enabled you could just get a count of all alerts

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk
0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I find vrops is ok on reporting config changes but all my use cases are more focused on who made the change and when and from what to what not on just when. I have not done much work in it for a wile but Log insight is great at the who and when.

I also used configuration manager in the past. If you have the time to set it up and install the agents it will report on alot more. It comes with the vrops licences (different versions allow more and more things) but it has hot been updated in a long time and at a guess will be rolled into the vrops product at some point.

0 Kudos
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

at a guess will be rolled into the vrops product at some point.

I did hear that when we jump to vROps 7.0, Configuration Manager will be a big part of it.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I would rather they expose the object relationships more in the current version. Cant even get a report of the port groups VMs are attached to.

0 Kudos