VMware Cloud Community
ChrisPD
Contributor
Contributor

Getting resource pools in cluster

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help. Im trying to get a widget to display the resource pools in a cluster provided by a list of clusters in another Top-N type widget. It works in a manner, I can select a cluster in my first Top-N widget and I do get results in my second resources widget but im only getting the root resource pool "Resources", makes sense Resources is the child resource pool of the cluster. Its not much use though, what i really want are the children of that root resource pool. Is there any way to get the the widget to go two levels down rather then just to the children? Or a way to get the widget to display all children (so both direct and indirect children). Quite frustrating that im nearly there

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The resource widget will only traverse one level up to the parent or down to the child. You can accomplish a limited form of recursive filtering using tag filtering by a "Application Full-Set". I logged this as a feature request earlier this year to further adjust the degree of relationship traversal on widget filtering.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos