VMware Cloud Community
rmitchell1028
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Geo Tags - Google Maps API v3 and vCOps 5.8

I'm trying to setup an executive dashboard in Ops.  I've acquired a key for the Google Maps API v3 and entered it in.  I've created a tag and am having an issue associating the tag with a location.  When I enter a location (ie: city, site in the city, etc) I will find the location, but I do not have the "blue link" available to click on to associate.  I've tried this using IE, Chrome, and Firefox and the issue persists regardless of browser.  I was curious if anyone else had run into the issue and could maybe offer some advice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

v3 of the map API is not supported.  I understand that the product team is aware and working on a solution.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

v3 of the map API is not supported.  I understand that the product team is aware and working on a solution.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
rmitchell1028
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To follow up:

I spoke with our TAM who, after talking an SME, reported that 5.8 allowed existing tags to work under Google Maps API v3.  However, there is a bug that prevents you from associating new tags.  This should be fixed in 5.8.1.

Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

rmitchell1028 wrote:

..that 5.8 allowed existing tags to work under Google Maps API v3.  However, there is a bug that prevents you from associating new tags.  This should be fixed in 5.8.1.

Unfortunately, that is so... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Version 5.8.1 has been released as of today and includes the fix for v3 of Google Maps API.

0 Kudos
Oyvindf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I still have the same problem Smiley Sad.

I don't have the blue link to select the destination

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The Google Maps API keys need to be entered into the Global Settings for the Google Maps functionality to be enabled.

Admin -> Global Settings, Google as API provider and Google maps v3 API keys that can be obtained from - code.google.com/apis/console

0 Kudos
Oyvindf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got it to work in the Chrome browser, but not like the documentation.

I got an red arrow and move it and select save. See example pictures

Picture1.PNG

Picture2.PNG

The checkmark shows, that the site is selected on the map.

0 Kudos
etuser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello - So I am using version 5.8.1 of vCops. When I go to look at my GEO map (under Manage location) I dont even have the search option. The API's I have enabled are:

Google Maps Coordinate

Google Maps Embed

Google Maps Engine

Google Maps javascript v3

Google Maps Tracks

No issues from google reported. Do I need to start stop vCops service or something to see the search feature on the map? Maybe generate a new key?

Thanks

DS

0 Kudos
etuser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I generated a new key and stopped/started vCops and still no luck.

0 Kudos
dddenson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm using  5.8.2 Build 1885282 with Google Maps JavaScript API v3 enabled.

I can search and add a location.

time_sq.PNG

When I go to the Geographical tab it shows nothing.

world.PNG

I also can't drag any resources I want to associate onto the GEO Location tag, everything is blank.

0 Kudos