VMware Cloud Community
williamlbell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

GEO Location Tagging

We are working on an installation of vCOPS 5.0 Enterprise that will serve a centralized reporting system for many different geographic locations. We already have multiple collections going and many devices discovered.

I started looking at the GEO Location widget and began to configure tags for our first west coast datacenter location. When I went to add resources I used the discovery and unselected "Only New Resources".

Now to the question...the resources I want to add to this tag already exist in the system under other TAGS...every time I try to add it to this new TAG through discovery it continues to show 0 resources inside that tag... Can someone please show me what stupid mistake I am making?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hovhannes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You need to add a tag value to that tag, and move (using drag-n-drop) resources to that tag value.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hovhannes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You need to add a tag value to that tag, and move (using drag-n-drop) resources to that tag value.

0 Kudos
williamlbell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was it! Very helpful thanks... Drag and drop really isnt present anywhere else in the system...not sure why they use it there...

0 Kudos