VMware Cloud Community
MBouillon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excluding specific datastores from capacity monitoring

Greetings! 

I have two datastores that are used for archiving which are at nearly 100% capacity.  I created a custom group that contains those two datastores and created a new policy below the default policy that sets the 'Datastore is running out of disk space' alert to 'Local/Disabled'.  I then configured the custom group to be applied to the new policy.  When I 'preview' the custom group, only the two datastores display as expected.  But, when I look at the related objects for the new policy, I see all my datastores.  So, this policy is applying to all datastores, which is not the desired result.  Any ideas where else to check for inheritance?

Thanks!

Marty

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There are two ways that would hapen

1. The object is part of two groups that has two different policies and the policy you dont want is higher up the order

2. the objects you dont want that policy applied were not members of any group and you made you new policy the default

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There are two ways that would hapen

1. The object is part of two groups that has two different policies and the policy you dont want is higher up the order

2. the objects you dont want that policy applied were not members of any group and you made you new policy the default

0 Kudos
MBouillon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Perfect, thanks!  It was a member of two groups..

0 Kudos