VMware Cloud Community
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disable an alert only for one object type

Hi All,

I have been struggling with the alert "Notification Event", it's an alert of all adapters type that we can't edit or clone. I want to stop getting it for some object types and enable it for the rest. Do you have any idea how is that possible please ?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm Thinking of exporting this alert, then delete it from the alert definitions, then edit the XML file and set the definition to one adapter type only instead of all kind, then import it. But I'm not sure it will work, and i'm afraid of losing the definition If it does not import properly. Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What is the notification, specifically? Object down, or something like that?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is the definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><alertContent>

<AlertDefinitions>

<AlertDefinition adapterKind="ALL" description="Notification event" id="AlertDefinition-vCenter Operations Adapter-NotificationEventAlert" name="Notification event" resourceKind="All" subType="18" type="15">

<State severity="automatic">

<SymptomSet aggregation="any" applyOn="self" operator="and" ref="SymptomDefinition-vCenter Operations Adapter-NotificationEventSymptom"/>

<Impact key="health" type="badge"/>

</State>

</AlertDefinition>

</AlertDefinitions>

<SymptomDefinitions>

<SymptomDefinition adapterKind="ALL" id="SymptomDefinition-vCenter Operations Adapter-NotificationEventSymptom" name="Notification event" resourceKind="All">

<State severity="automatic">

<Condition eventMsg="(?s).*" eventSubType="5" eventType="11" operator="regex" type="msg_event"/>

</State>

</SymptomDefinition>

</SymptomDefinitions>

</alertContent>

It's importing the message events into vROPs, like for example : Aggregate Nearly Overcommitted, Volume move status: In progress ....

I get NetApp adapter alerts the most. Any help?

0 Kudos