VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Datastore IO Dashboard

I am trying to create a dashboard that will show the Total IO on on a graph for each datastore associated with a specific cluster

In my head i want

1. an object list filtered to show just cluster (this i can do)

2 A chart/graph that will show the Commands per second for each datastore in the cluster

This is where i hit problems. The only widgets that i can see that will provide what i want (date control) are the Graphs but i cant work out how to get it to show the commands per sec for each datastore in the cluster when selecting the cluster from the object list (one graph item per datastore in the same graph).

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi sxnxr,

One graph per item is possible when you are using a view. You can use instead Metric Chart Widget to have many graphs for each  datastore in one widget. This widget give the possibility to show the charts separately or all in one.

See original image

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Yea i can create a static metric chart that has all the datastores for a cluster by editing the chart and adding all the datastores in manually but what i want to do is use an object list as the source for the chart. When i click the cluster in the object list it fills in the chart with the commands per sec for each datastore in the selected cluster.

We have 56 cluster in total and dont want to create a static chart for each one and then have to update it when a datastore gets added or taken away

0 Kudos