VMware Cloud Community
cdsouza
Contributor
Contributor

Could not find any of the requested resources

Hello ALL,

1. I have updated vRO from 6.3 to 6.5 after updating, I' am facing couple of bugs in 6.5,

vRO Works in  Local account  (ADMIN) with out any problem, But not in Active Directory Account.

In Home Dashboard ,we can see suggested Fix , name Column , etc.. , when  Virtual machine name from name column  i get an  ERROR  INFO :- Could not find any of the requested resources .

2. Even when i click on  environment , AllObject , vCenter adapter , vCenter server and Vc name i get the same INFO :-Could not find any of the requested resources .

3. In vRO 6.5, we have option to Integrate Log insight ,  its an good option "problem" when local account log in and selects any VMs we can find SUMMARY, ALL metrics Alerts,  LOG ... etc option

But in Active Directory Account we are unable to see the LOG option.

4. all reports getting failed after 6.5 updates, i not able to customize the reports.

5. is it possible to revert back to 6.3.

Please let me if any one has updated 6.5 and facing similar issue...if someone has rectified the issue...

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
amosdsmith
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing similar issues.

I had to re-add ad authentication back and then was able to log in with accounts other than the admin.

Still randomly getting the "could not find any of the requested resources" when trying to drill down to some specific VMs.

0 Kudos
Kpitt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey guys,

I would ensure the permissions/roles have not changed for your AD groups after the update. If these accounts have access to all objects, it may be worthwhile removing the user and re-adding them. However, I believe this remove anything created by that user so ensure you have exported anything custom.

Which user are you using for the reports? If it's a VC user that is expected, even if it authenticates via AD, you cannot customize reports as a VC user. If it's pure AD authentication, then I would again check permissions.

No way to revert, unless you have snapshots prior to the upgrade that you can revert back to.

-K

0 Kudos
ole088
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into this same problem and the following fixed it for me.

1. Go into Administration / Solutions using an account with administrative rights

2. Select VMware vSphere in the list and click the gear icon in the action bar

pastedImage_0.png

3. Click the Manage Registrations button

2017-05-24_08-30-46.png

4. Click "Use collection credentials" or specify credentials for vCenter registration and click the Unregister button and wait for it to complete, then click the Register button.

pastedImage_2.png

5. Finally, close the register dialog, click the Save Settings button (for good measure) and close the Manage Solution dialog.  Log out and back into vROps and you should stop seeing these messages.

I hope this helps everyone out!

0 Kudos