VMware Cloud Community
djohn1974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Capacity Remaning Settings

New to vRealize Ops Manager and I am trying to get the hang of it.

I have been going through and looking at Capacity remaining at it tells me I should up my vCPUs to  9 (24GHz). but the average usage is only at about 8.5 GHz It looks to me that it is basing this on a few spikes in usage. My question is, is there a setting or something I can change in order to get it to not use these anomaly?  Or am I not thinking correctly here?

2017-10-26 09_51_28-vRealize Operations Manager.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Gelhar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The vCPU recommendation is to account for the peak demand vROPs has seen. Since the VM has had the spikes in CPU demand it is making a suggestion based on those spikes. You can look at the current policy that is active on that VM and potentially tweak the settings in the capacity remaining section, most likely the peak consideration option.

vrops-peak-consideration.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Mike_Gelhar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The vCPU recommendation is to account for the peak demand vROPs has seen. Since the VM has had the spikes in CPU demand it is making a suggestion based on those spikes. You can look at the current policy that is active on that VM and potentially tweak the settings in the capacity remaining section, most likely the peak consideration option.

vrops-peak-consideration.PNG

djohn1974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Mike.  This is what I was looking for.

0 Kudos